Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Theme Thursday - Park

Parks are great places. So many memories are in parks.

I remember the first time I rode my bike with no training wheels was in a park. It was many many years ago. We had gone to visit my Oma and Grandad and because they lived in another town we had to take my bike. My Dad had promised me that he's show me how to ride my bike without the training wheels.
When we got to my grandparents house I insisted on going to the park before we had lunch. So we had to go. My Grandad came to watch. We found a soccer field and my dad got out his tools and unscrewed the training wheels and I was off. I remember how easy it was, I didn't crash at all!

Other memories at the park include picnic's with my friends, one picnic I had with one person in Autumn because we missed spring and summer. It was a great picnic.
Adventures like the up hill adventure I had with some people a few weeks ago.
More first time adventures in the park in akaroa. Like getting lost in the so called garden of Tane, which turns out to be a natural maze.

Parks are beautiful places, allowing children to learn to ride there bikes, play in the playground. Slightly older children and adults play sport. Life needs parks. I know my life does and my world does. Parks are happy places, green grass, blue sky, smiling flowers, and mighty trees.

11 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

I couldn't agree more! And what a fun place to learn to ride a two-wheeler! :)

Brian Miller said...

we take the boys to the park all the time...where my oldest learned to ride his bike...his younger brother just ook off down the hill out back..bet he wishes he didnt crash...lol. happy tt!

Matty said...

Wonderful memories. There's just something about park that people find so inviting. They are nice places to be.

Lesley said...

Parks just make you want to play, don't they?

Alan Burnett said...

Life does indeed need parks. Nice line, nice sentiment.

Austin said...

Great memories, I really enjoyed this. Sounds like a great family with 3 generations being a part of this new ride before lunch!

C.M. Jackson said...

You are absolutely right--the world needs more parks---great post! happy tt!

Leeuna said...

You have some wonderful memories. And yes, I agree that life needs parks. They ARE happy places. Good job on this week's theme Thursday.

Maude Lynn said...

Parks are happy places!

California Girl said...

Nice thoughts. I bet NZ is one big gorgeous park like island.

Baino said...

Hi Sam. Yeh I kind of miss having little kids, we seemed to go to parks more often when they were small.