Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Theme Thursday - Camera


Camera's are amazing, especially digital camera's. I am growing up in a generation where camera's are everywhere, everyone has a camera. Most people have one on there phone and are able to snap pictures of anything and everything of interest.

I wonder if we are missing the use of camera's now a days. Sure we have heck loads of pictures, but how many of them ever make it out of the camera? Or off of face book. Is it better having 1000 photo's of one evening all that are average or 20 that are on paper, clean un-photo shopped (I'm pretty sure that at least some of the chicks I know photo shop themselves before uploading at least some of there photos). Surely these tangible photo's that reflect pure un-tainted memory are better than the retouched digital copies. The smiles always look brighter on paper as well.

I'm not sure what I'm tying to say; perhaps it is that it seems that my friends are trying to remember too many of the moments, and perhaps a few good old fashion pictures, like a group photo,(like the one above of me and my friends at the beach) or the smiling couple are better than quick snaps of everyone no matter what there doing.

Someone talking and holding a drink or about to eat a chip is only of interest to, well nobody.
A picture of everyone gathered round smiling into the camera full of happiness will always be better in my book. Perhaps we need to go back to the heart of photo's and camera's and learn to only record what is worth remembering and leave people to drink there drinks in peace.

3 comments:

Brian Miller said...

i hear what you are saying...there is something about hold a pic in your hands instead of viewing it on the computer...i kinda miss the old slide shows where you had to load them into the reel to tell the story...happy tt!

Betsy Brock said...

Very true! Photo albums have been placed on cd's! Hardly the same!

PattiKen said...

I always have a camera within easy reach when traveling, and have them stored together in a folder on my computer. That folder, with its hundreds of shots, is my screen saver. We are often stopped in our tracks by the slide show, reliving some wonderful travel moments as they pass by on the screen. Only some ever get printed, but they all bring good memories home.