Friday, October 22, 2010

Love

Those that have spend to long talking about it.
Those that had it spend to long lamenting it.
Those that have never had it down play it to them selves in there mind.

Is it truly better to have Loved and lost that to never loved at all? At least with the never loved at all one can live in a world of self-deception free from the aches of the heart? Surely to have had Love and lost it would be to have never had true love at all?

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

1 Corinthians 13:4

Love never fails....And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

1 Corinthians 13:13

Love is always. So if it is always then true love is eternal. So if "love" flickers and disbands. Then was this "love" true? was it there ever? Was that feeling really love? Or is everyone responsible for this love. We are the misguided and foolish youth, growing up on British pop songs and romantic comedies. We don't understand life, and we never will.

Is understanding what is important, does it bring happiness or is bliss the happier past. One of my friends when I joke to him about girls, and oh she's cute she works where you wok maybe you should try to get to know her. He always responds with anger. Is his anger from a deep sense of refusing to become aware? Or is it from a truly pessimistic view of the world? Where nothing ever works out as planned. Which is true to a point. I would say, nothing ever turns out as planned but sometimes things are better than you can ever imagine. Sometimes things suck.

8 comments:

Bobby said...

"Those that have never had it down play it to them selves in there mind."

Where did you get that idea from? I believe that to be very wrong.

Sam said...

Observations of people. Its general so it might not apply to everyone. Im certain it applies to quite a few though.

Bobby said...

My general observation is most are quite desperate.

Sam said...

Well I would say that your opinion is wrong. But hey its an opinion so it can't be wrong. Besides we're different people and have different experiences.

Bobby said...

Perhaps. But everyone I know who has appeared to be quite desperate (at some stage) is one of the people who've never had a decent relationship. I reckon there are still more who try and hide it. Or maybe they are just more memorable to me than others.

On a completely different note, I don't think that the Bible verses have too much relation to the blog (maybe I'm being pedantic but I do enjoy being pedantic - I'm not sure my cateclysm teachers enjoy it too much, though). The book of Corinthians was written in Greek. Greek has several different words for love. We are silly and only have one. The one these passages are talking about is 'agape' love. This is an unconditional type love which is different to a romantic love. This means that it doesn't say anything about whether true romantic love could fail or not. And just because the romantic love is no longer there doesn't mean other types of love don't still exist.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Bob. Maybe guys are not as vocal about it, but girls most definitely are (desire for relationship/boyfriend/love/romance). It can become a very overruling thing, I myself went through this stage in about year 9.

Sometimes this can progress into what you're talking about (the down play), "it's not all what it's cracked up to be" attitude.

Sam said...

@ Bobby, well I'd never heard that about those bible verses, but it makes sence. I guess they're not completely relevant, but they were if you were thinking it in the way I was.

@Rosie Havn't you by the end of the paragraph contradicted your statement? The whole its not what its cracked up to be thing.

Also This was what I was told about trying to make general statements by Mr O. . . It gets ripped to shreds by lots of people with there own specific examples. . .

Bobby said...

If your statements were right than they wouldn't get ripped to pieces :P Nah, it is probably hard to make general statements about something like this where everyone could act differently. I don't have any evidence but I believe there will be people on both sides of the spectrum but more on mine :P