Sunday, October 10, 2010

My holidays!

I have had a great break from school, I'm exhausted though, I need a long weekend or something to recover!In the first week I went on a 3 day tramp, I worked two days and went too a BBQ.
The tramp was amazing lots of people from school, exploring a beautiful part of Gods creation with a great bunch of people. hanging out, playing cards, chatting and of course tramping!

Work was boring I got to do a stock take! Whoop! The vain of any sane persons existence. If going to university can do one thing I pray that it will get me a job where I WONT have to stock take, ever.
The BBQ was an interesting experience lots of school people but most of them younger than me and a bit odd and a few interesting people from throughout Christchurch. Great fun hanging out and getting to know people who I've known by sight but never ever talked to much.

The next week was pretty much all Kids Camp, which I went to after an awesome Gigglepop gig in which Jonny K dropped his pick and ended up screwing up his hand and covering his bass in blood! The concert was great although people and some of there actions made me feel first a bit sad and then later a tad lonely which was a bit sucky and even now its making my tummy knot thinking about it now (that could just be the sad british pop music im listening too atm. . .), but from then on it was on to kids camp!
Which was awesome, I got to kinda be the senior leader in a cabin with my new friend Reuben Posthuma, who was on his first camp. Well senior a bit of a push when it was only my second camp but hey that's one more than Reuben! :P We got an awesome cabin with some really cool kids in it and we almost won points a few times which was great cause last camp my cabin failed at points the whole camp! I can't wait for January camp now! It'l be great!!!
Before kids camp started Steven, Reuben and I went for an awesome geocaching adventure although it ended up being fruitless it was a great way to start a camp and the sunrise was pretty spectacular.To top off my holidays I went on a geocaching afternoon with Nick and we mopped up 6 caches around the university which was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon until the weather packed in!
I truly am blessed to have such great opportunities and friends!

I Love them all! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Heya Sam! Nice picture, and nice blog! Just wondering, do you want to catch up on MSN sometime? If you flick me an email at reuben.posthuma ( at ) g mail dot com, I'll add you on MSN (that email isn't my MSN one)