Monday, August 30, 2010

Letter to a much younger me.

Lately I've been think about things I have learned. Not like learned in school but life things, things I wish I'd known when I was younger. So I decided I'd write myself a letter.

Dear Younger Sam,
Don't worry everything will be cool. Listen to more music, and remember just cause you don't like a band doesn't mean no one else should.
Play Canoe Polo as soon as you can. It's epic and you don't want to only play it for school in your last year!
Remember your friends, remember and the lyrics "Your best friend is not your girlfriend."
Don't waste so much money on junk food. Watch out for girls, the can rock your world to ruin. Look out for one called Tash.
Ignore your dad's teasing it is possibly, healthy even to have girls that are friends.
Study more, be a girly swat, more badges will look nice on your blazer.
Don't give up on soccer, after all your friends leave Halswell you should have tried Rolleston.
Get your licence earlier it will give you so much more freedom and free time. You wouldn't have had to waste so much time on the bus getting across town.
Trial for every team you would like to get into even if its a long shot its worth the experience! Do the subjects at school you enjoy not just the ones your good at. Remember accounting is boring, do bio instead.
Don't bother doing archery, you'll hate it.
Statistics is not maths don't bother doing it, do calculus if you can.
Don't pass up any opportunities for adventure. Remember it is better to regret doing something than not doing it. (Within reason).
Video games are not a productive pass time, try to do something else.
Start learning drums sooner rather than later so that you have some kind of mastery when you get to an age where you care about that sort of thing.
Read instructions for tests and assignments, so you don't miss out on merit credits that would get you an endorsement!!!
Have fun you Muppet and don't be such a patsy!

Yours Sincerely
Older and hopefully some what more enlightened Sam.

I wonder if that note would have changed anything? Even if I wouldn't have understood any of it straight away.

No comments: