Monday, August 23, 2010

A Wise Word

I'm not sure where the advice is from. I think I first heard it in the sunscreen song. "Each day do one thing that scares you." Looking back over my weekend one that all though I felt sick and incredibly tired has felt like it was a rewarding one.
On Friday I meet new people something that scared me. Surprise surprise It wasn't half as scary as I thought it'd be! And now I have some new acquaintances.
On Saturday I went on a road trip with Rich, Linz, Rod, and Alice. (Youth Pastor, Youth leader, Pastor, and Youth group Kid/Pastors daughter). To Greymouth. Which was a bit scary especially with Richards Driving! I also messaged someone from Friday on facebook. Which was a very interesting experience, its interesting to see how many times you can re-write a 20 word message before you send it! Then I replied to a text I had no idea I would've got although it was nice and stayed up texting well into the night and until my birthday! Which was Sunday.
On Sunday It was my birthday, I played drums in church, not even my own church. Something that had been terrifying me all week! And you know what? It wasn't that bad. I think I might put myself back on the roster at my own church and start practising the drums again!
Now its Monday, I texted someone to ask them something when I half expected them to turn around and murder me, they didn't but It wasn't a massive request in the text so who knows! Maybe when they see me they will?
Tomorrow's Tuesday and I intend to continue this new trend! Hopefully it'll help to make each day an adventure! :P

No comments: