Sunday, August 2, 2009

New Sam; GOALS

Well, I have been thinking, mowing lawns is very therapeutic. . . I've decided I am lazy. I know I am, it's by choice too. I can quite easily sit down on the computer and waste away hours, i did it almost all of yesterday. This happens especially when I've planed my day. For example yesterday i decided I'd get up, wash my dad's car, was my car, and maybe mow the lawns then go to the movies with friends using the lawn money, go home do maths homework and economics's.

What actually happened is as follows; Woke up, looked at the time, went back to sleep, got up an hour later, go on computer for 1 and 1/2 hours, go to have a shower, no hot water, go back to room, go on computer, decide to risk cold shower, become very awake, go back to computer, go downstairs, watch tv, computer, then ask for a ride, raid my money box til empty to just get enough money to pay for the movies, wait for mum to take me the bus stop (I have a car but I can't actually drive it legally by myself yet. . . ) get to the movies late, hung out at the mall with almost no money for 30mins, bused home, watched television.

On reflection that was a huge waste of a day, i achieved nothing! From now on this changes I will set myself goals. With this blog as my witness i will stick to them! I will update the blog regularly to keep me accountable, say at least once a week.

So today I thought as I mowed the lawns (on a ride on) between the mindless honing and mowing figure of 8's; of a few goals I need.

  1. Get Fit; Seems simple but every good goal needs ways to complete it. I'm not horribly unfit, but i would like to be fit for health reasons, be able to keep up with my gf (she's quite athletic) And as a sub-goal as I've probably left it far to late due to my problem to get into the OPC team. To do this I will go to the trainings on Tuesday mornings, drink more water, restart doing the 100 push ups challenge, go to the weights room and go for runs (perhaps get up early to do it?).
  2. Study and do Homework; As being a lazy teenager I don't do a lot, and one of those things I don't do is my homework. I've done maths homework maybe 3 times this year other subjects only when it's been important or when teachers have being nagging. I want to get it done so now on I will do it! And whats more, I will study. I have 80 more credits this year, that with effort I could get excellences, to get the excellence endorsement. I want to get it this year. I don't understand algebra so I must get out my text book and study it. I think maybe I should turn my computer off before school and not turn it on until after I've done homework and study, and if it requires a computer do that last.
  3. Read More; I like reading, but when I'm between books I don't. Not because i don't want to just I've got nothing to read so I don't. I don't actively seek new books to read either I need to start doing this. To fix this I shall go to the library, the school one, and get one for the city library's (my old one ran out).
  4. Get my drivers license!; I'm 17 in 3 weeks, I could have my full by now, I've had my learners for over a year. I need to get the next step up at least! This one I want to complete by the end of the month. So what shall I do? Get the Fiat serviced. Practise driving everywhere I can. Book my Restricted test for before the 31st.or make excuses. So No more. Now on I will practise. As often as possible
  5. Get good at drums; I've been learning the drums for 2 and 1/2 years? and yet I'm not very good! Obviously I need to practise more and I always mean to but I always getdestructedat least 3 times a week excluding youth group 'jam' on Thursdays.
Also to help me with these goals directly and indirectly I need to start to go to sleep on time! So I think turn my computer by 10pm at the latest preferably 9.30.

So these are my goals as of now. I'm sure I had more so I may post some more later if the occur to me.

So now, I'm going to go do maths homework. Good luck me!

1 comment:

Siobhan said...

Lime green is waaaay too hard to read