Saturday, February 28, 2009

Music Moves my Soul

I was thinking just now, as i walked down the stairs. Music moves my soul, well my mind. Music has the power to make a great day better, a bad day worse, a alright day alrightier. Do you get it?

Some examples, when life and relationships and stuff are going great and you've just spent a great day with that special someone a song like "All the Small things" by blink 182 or "Trucker Hat" by Bowling for Soup make everything more smiley.

On a crap shit day, when its raining outside and in your mind and in your heart. Everythings miserable, relationships not working the way you want them to. "Down" or "Always" by blink 182 and "Where'd you go?" byFort Minor makes it all more that sorta way.

When your lonely and missing someone terribly and you want them to come back to you, from Tahiti songs like; "Hold Me Tight" by the Beatles/Across the Universe (coverers), "I Miss You" by blink 182, "Verona" Elemeno P, heaps of other songs that make you think of them bring those feelings of missing, wanting to be with that person. "I want to hold your hand" by the Beatles. "All I want (Next to You)" the Offspring

I guess what im saying is that music, can connect to your heart and mind your very soul and reflect your mood, amplify it make it bigger, stronger, block out other emotions. Well thats what it does to me, I like songs that say something to me, i dont like pointless crap that doesnt really make sence, that i cant relate to in anyway. Like why would i let someone suck my Lollypop? Why would that appeal to anyone? Ok I admit a few pointless songs songs slip through, songs that on a happy day, make me happy cause they're about a cowardly dog that needs to come and save the day. Everyone needs that Dog to help them out! :P I dont understand some songs, they're good songs, i just cant see how they connect to me, how they can add to me or anything, so they dont make it.

So to finish this all off, what songs amplify your emotions? Bring up certain feelings in you when you hear them or did once upon a time? Im curious to know. If you make a entry on your own blog leave a comment here first so i can check it out, I'd Love to read what songs work for you.

1 comment:

Siobhan said...

We The Kings - Check Yes Juliet
Third Eye Blind - Never Let You Go
Eels - Mr E's Beautiful Blues
Against Me! - Sink Florida Sink
blink-182 - Always
Chumbawamba - Tubthumping
Ma Lady Melodie - Don't know who its by
Smashing Pumpkins - 1979
Fratellis - Chelsea Dagger
Manic Street Preachers - Can't Take My Eyes Off You
blink-182 - Online Songs
LFO - Summer Girls
Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah
Everclear - Wonderful
No Use for A Name - Dumb Reminders
blink-182 - Shut Up
blink-182 - Story Of A Lonely Guy
blink-182 - Going Away To College (live version)

Yeah, I should make a 'music that moves me' album.