Wednesday, November 10, 2010

No more School

So today and yesterday were the wind up, well should it be down? days for school. I've spent thirteen years at the place, and I'm having mixed emotions. I must be suffering from indifference as at the moment, I feel like I should be more nostalgic. I feel like I should be more emotional about not spending anymore hours in class rooms. Not seeing teachers, or friends. It's odd. I had liked to think that Middleton had meant more to me? Perhaps it hasn't hit me? Perhaps I didn't feel like I was such a huge part of the "Middleton Family" that has been talked so much about?
I know the people I want to see, I will see. I will keep in contact we have made plans to hang out, to have adventures to go to Hamner and Akaroa. Well most of them anyway.
The people I don't want to see, and there are some it wasn't nice going to school with them, you wont be missed. I honestly think my life at least will be happier now that I don't have to sit in classes with you and listen to your idiotic babbling.
Schools over, just 4 3hour exams to go, a shit load of studying and I'll be ready for a holiday. Before opening the next chapter in my book. I have grown at MGS, and I think I have finished there, I'm not the prize winning student, or the raging socialite, the master mogul, or the massive hunk, but I have reached as far as high school can take me.
It scares me to think that here I am 18 and theirs only at most realistically 60ish more years. If I'm not struck by lightening. Theirs so much more to do, experience, new people to meet friends to make, places to explore, caches to find. So much I need to do to get there and what seems like such a short time to get there.
Every things gone so fast, first day at school, first field trip (Botanical Gardens where I forgot my lunch and had to eat the student teachers food), first best friend, first long term serious relationship, first break up, first exam. I'm over these first from school. I still want firsts though, call me greedy but I believe its time for some seconds, thirds! It's almost time for tertiary! (See what I did there, worked in a pun. Genius I know.)
The thing I'll miss the most, also the thing that was starting to annoy me the most was the safety. Safety in that there was a place I could go to be kept busy "learn", see people who cared, friends that wanted to hang all this and not have to enter the "real world". Where the wild things are, the wild people, the real life issues and horrors. From my safe haven of school I saw glimpses, heard stories, experienced second hand from those who'd found a window that the could jump through and experience that terrible, and adventurous place. Now I have to face it. That or box myself in, I don't like boxes. It's adventure time.

No comments: