Thursday, September 9, 2010

Theme Thursday - Reason

Reason.So much of life happens without reason. Like an earthquake happened in my city 7.1 and nobody dies. The a slightly smaller sized quake happens in Haiti over 230,000 people die. Ok so there are a few obvious reasons, our quake happened at 4.35 am a time were most people are asleep. Lucky for some people that it didn't happen a few hours earlier then it would have been natural selection being a Friday night/ early Saturday. NZ building standards mean buildings have to be built to withstand at least an massive 8.5 quake! Haiti with so much corruption and the like no building standards were being enforced in most places.
Still what was the reason for these too events and why did they happen when they did were they did? I guess only God knows why, although I'm sure there are scientist that will happily debate the reasons why these displays of Gods power occurred.

My room after the 2010 Canterburyquake



Been busy this week, quake shook things up and I forgot to check theme thurday until 1/4 12 on thursday! Usually I'm a bit more orgainised and have my blog ready to post on the wednesday! :/

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well your room after an earthquake looks more organized than mine without a quake! Happy TT!

Lesley said...

I'm glad you were safe and hopefully not too much was broken in your home.